ECE 3 have been very busy in Terms 2 and 3 cooking up a storm. We have made so many delicious things including truffles, scones, muffins and savoury toast. Thanks to our wonderful parent helpers who have made cooking possible!
Licorice allsorts slice
160ml condensed milk
1x 250g packet of biscuits such as Marie
1/2 cup coconut
200gram dark cooking chocolate, chopped.
1tbs golden syrup
1x 375g packet of licorice allsorts, chopped
Brush a pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and sides with non stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang slightly.
Combine the butter, condensed milk and golden syrup in a medium bowl and microwave until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
Add the biscuits, coconut and licorice allsorts and stir until just combined. Press the mixture into the base of the prepared pan and set aside for 30mins to set.
Place the chocolate and copha in a bowl and microwave until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the slice in the pan. Place in the fridge for 1hr to set. Cut into squares to serve.
Recipe 1- APPLE CRUMBLE
What we used:
- 7 large green apples
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (ground)
- 2 tsp nutmeg (ground)
- 2/3 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
1- Peel and core apples then cut into rough 1-2cm cubes. Place apples in large saucepan and cover with water. Simmer (but don’t boil) covered with lid on med-high until apples are just tender but not too soft (usually 5mins once water is simmering). Drain apples well and place in large bowl
2- Combine caster sugar and cinnamon (ensures even spread), then toss through the apples. If you like the apples to be less sweet and more tart you can omit the sugar in this step, though there may be excess juice as a result.
3- Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, coconut, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl until evenly mixed through.
4- Melt butter (do not burn or boil it) and add vanilla essence to butter, stir through.
5- Add butter mix to dry ingredients and mix well using a fork. Ensure all ingredients are moist and mixture has a crumbly texture.
6- Place apple mix evenly in medium casserole dish. Spread crumble mix over top of apple. Bake at 180 degrees C for 30-40minutes, or until crumble topping is slightly browned.
Recipe 2- SAVOURY TOAST
What we used:
- 1x cup chopped bacon Bread (toast on one side)
- ¾ chopped onion 2 cups grated cheese
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce 1/3 cup bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Collect 6-8 pieces of bread and toast them on one side under the grill.
- Get a bowl and add bacon, onion and cheese.
- Mix in the tomato, bbq and Worcestershire sauces.
- Add the eggs and a touch of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread mixture onto side which is not toasted and cook under grill.
Recipe 3- Scones
What we used:
- 350ml lemonade
- 3 and 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 200m cream
- Whipped cream and jam
1- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2- Add flour to the mixing bowl and make a well. Pour in lemonade and mix together. Continue to add the cream.
3- Put some flour on the table and roll and knead your mixture. Using a glass cut the mixture into small circles.
4- Place on a tray with flour and bake for 15-20mins or until golden.
Recipe 4- Choc Chip Muffins
What we used:
- 1 and 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate custard
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a 6-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Make a well in centre.
- Whisk vegetable oil, milk, vanilla and eggs in a large jug. Add oil mixture to well. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined (don’t over-mix). Spoon mixture into paper cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Recipe 5- Chocolate Brownies
200grams unsalted butter 200g dark chocolate chopped
1/3 cup cocoa 3 eggs
1 ½ cups brown sugar 1 cup gluten free plain flour
¼ cup icing sugar for dusting once baked
1- Turn oven on to 180ºC. Line the base and sides of a tin with baking paper.
2- Melt butter in the microwave and add chocolate and cocoa. Stir until melted and smooth.
3- Beat eggs and sugar in a small bowl. Add the egg mixture to a larger bowl and then add the chocolate mixture and flour.
4- Spoon mixture into the cake tin and bake for 35-40minutes.